Happy Monday everyone! I am one of those folks that do not mind Mondays so much. I’m sure I would enjoy them more if I was working for myself and didn’t have to be out the door by 630am. But still, it’s the beginning of a new week! Anything is possible.
I have old songs running through my head today. One line; “I’ve always been a dreamer” by the Eagles is playing in my mind today. I am busy dreaming today. Dreaming of all the plans I have for this year and decade ahead. Now I am a realist as much as a dreamer so I know that many things may not come true, but I am a believer in the saying “shoot for the moon and even if you miss you will land among the stars.” So one of my motto’s is “why not try?!”
Whether you are starting a new year, new business, new relationship, new job, etc; there are always things you can do to set yourself up for the most success in these ventures. And that is what we all want right, to be successful in whatever we are attempting to build, grow or change in our lives?
So what do you to to ensure that success? As this new week starts, I have set my plan for how to tackle at least a few or my goals. One week at a time is my focus this year. As I talked about in last weeks post, rather than set a whole bunch of abstract goals that are not very clearly defined, I want to try something new this year.
I thought I would share how I am working on goals and dreams this year.
- Asking myself new questions. Such as where do I want to be at the end of this year? What do I want my body to look like? My bank account? My relationships? Career? Business? You can apply these questions to your own world and what your priorities currently are.
- Focusing on one major goal at a time. For me one dream that I have had for years is to finish writing a book. So each week I plan to write a chapter or two. By giving myself one task to do for this goal, I am breaking it down so it does not seem so overwhelming. I am not trying to eat the whole elephant in one sitting.
- Another goal is to be more active. I could have set the goal to lose a specific amount of weight and although that may be in my mind, I am not focusing on that. Instead I am just staying committed to moving more. To being active every single day. By setting that as my daily plan and not stressing about the scale or what I am eating, I have freed myself to perhaps actually lose some weight.
- Listening and reading about others dreams and goals. Hearing stories of achievement and success is inspiring and keeps dreaming alive. I love to hear what other people have achieved and how they did so. It motivates me to keep trying, especially on the days when I do not feel like putting in the effort.
- Rest! Take time to rest your mind and body. Try to go to bed at a time that is conducive to the time you want to wake up. Knowing how much sleep you need to feel rested and re-energized is important. If we are too tired, we are less inclined to get any tasks completed let alone the ones that encourage our dreams.
These are just a few things I am working on this year. A few ways I am changing how I plan and work towards my dreams. I have many more that I am often thinking about and imagine I will share about as they begin to emerge through my daily and weekly commitments to bringing them into reality.
What are you doing differently this year to achieve your dreams? Three weeks into this new year are you seeing any changes in how you think about goals? In how you plan? As always I love to hear from you, drop me a line sharing what you do to see your dreams come true!